A History of Pursuing The Finest Quality
Shubie's has been continuously family-owned and operated for over 70 years. We have evolved from being a traditional package store to offering specialty gourmet foods, imported cheeses, artisan gifts, freshly made prepared foods, and of course, an extensive selection of great wines spirits and craft beers. The one constant: you! Our community is our backbone and we are grateful every day we see you.
Check Out Our Reviews on Tripadvisor
Need an anti-chardonnay? Want a perfect summertime Red? Planning a dinner party? Look No Further! George has traveled the globe, and beyond to bring the best wines the world has to offer. He’s been our secret weapon for the past 40 years to make sure your dinner party is hit!
Carol has made it her mission to bring you the best foods and gifts for over 35 years. Nobody does it better than Carol. And nobody cares more. Carol strives every day to make Shubie’s the warm and inviting place that it is.
Dougy is the third generation and practically grew up in the store. Wine, spirits, craft beer, cheese, good food...he loves it all! And he’s here to help you discover the best that Shubie’s has to offer.
After owning one of the North Shore’s most beloved restaurants, The Grapevine of Salem, Chef Kate Hammond joined our family in 2014. And we couldn’t be happier. Chef Kate brings her Mediterranean background to Marblehead and has been pleasing thousands of happy eaters since.
We Love What We Do, And We Do It For One Reason, You!
Our passion for food and wine has come to the attention of industry colleagues over the years. We consider each accolade a real honor and greatly appreciate the recognition.
- North Shore Magazine, “Pairing Turkey and Wine”, Nov 2015 issue — read more
- 2015 Marblehead Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year — read more
- 2015 North Shore Magazine Best of North Shore Award = Wine Selection — read more
- 2015 North Shore Magazine Best of North Shore Award = Prepared Food — read more
- The Gourmet Retailer Cover Story June 2015 — read more
- Boston Globe feature on sponsoring Mass Cheese Guild — read more
- Marblehead Reporter celebrates our 65th anniversary — read more
- Boston Magazine Best of Boston 2009 = Best Gourmet Shop, North — read more
- Boston Magazine Best of Boston 2009 = Best Takeout, North — read more
- Boston Magazine Best of Boston 2005 = Best Takeout, North — read more